Saturday, July 21, 2007

Posted by: Philip Lee()
Thursday, March 22, 2007at 15:03:07

Subject: VMFA-314
I met 1st Lt Fullerton when I was with the Black Knights. I was also the FNG for the Airframes shop, a lowly LCpl, performing my turn on duty at the Ready Room when I first met him. I remember thinking to myself, here is a guy who is soft-spoken and skinny like me, nothing at all like the pilots' image that I've had from watching "The Great Santini" or "Topgun". He spoke to me about his flying experience briefly, a passing moment which in itself was not significant at all, but now I look back and remember clearly. It was then that I realized by speaking to him, that fighter pilots, Marine officers, and Marines, come in all shapes and sizes, and that some are really down to earth and very approachable. I've wondered from time to time, where some of the people that I've met in the course of my life ended up. It is sad to have learned your fate this way, but I am comforted to know you left this world doing the thing you loved most and there are people who remember you fondly. Semper Fi.

1 comment:

Family and Friends of Gary Fullerton said...

Posted by: Gary's Mum
(norah@charter.net) Sunday, March 25, 2007
at 06:37:14

Subject: Unforgetable
Thank you for your message, it meant a lot to me that you remembered Gary, and took the time to write. Gary's Mum